Assistant Procurement Specialist
- - TX-Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
The incumbent employee will perform duties related to the acquisition of materials and services to fulfill requests for purchases in accordance with established company policies and procedures and under supervision of the supervisor, with mentoring and guidance from senior-level department staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and reviews requisitions documents from staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Initiates requests for quotations or invitations to bid based on requisition documents received from staff.
- Performs independent research using catalog pricing to confirm price reasonableness.
- Confirms responsibility of potential vendors.
- Receives and compares bids and quotes against specifications to determine and make best value awards.
- Compiles and records pricing information to create award justification documentation.
- Generates and distributes purchase order documentation.
- Follows up on back orders; expedites with vendor any special arrangements for delivery, and communicates to department and requestors the expected delivery date.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Incumbent must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English. Incumbent must be able to read and comprehend short correspondence and memos, and write short correspondence for both internal and external consumption.
- Incumbent must possess the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages, and have a mastery of basic arithmetic.
- Incumbent must possess sound reasoning skills and regularly show ability to follow general instructions from the supervisor or senior-level department staff, with great attention to detail.
- Incumbent must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
Incumbent must have a bachelor degree in business or a related field. No prior work experience is required with a bachelor degree. A high school diploma or equivalent and five years of prior related professional experience, or completion of 60 hours of undergraduate coursework (including at least 24 hours in business administration and related fields) and two years of prior related professional experience, satisfies the education and experience requirement.
Certificates and Licenses:
Incumbent must be able to successfully complete a background screening to maintain a SECRET-level clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
- Incumbent will work in a general office environment with general office equipment available. Incumbent will be required to sit for extended periods at a desk and work on a computer for up to eight hours per day.
- Incumbent will be required to work a set schedule negotiated with the supervisor.
- Incumbent must be able to lift up to 20 pounds without assistance and 40 pounds with assistance to complete inventory activities or move file boxes.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings