- - VA-Charlottesville
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
The Systems Administrator serves to assist and support planning, design, installation, implementation, and maintenance of all IT infrastructure services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure, operate, and maintain server and network systems to satisfy requirements defined in RMF ICD-703, NISPOM, NIST SP 800-171, and the DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook.
- Maintain Exchange email systems, to include the analysis of message flow, internal Client Support Team service escalation requests, third party connections, servers, and site design.
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, RADIUS, and DHCP services.
- Configure and maintain Windows Hyper V host and virtual servers.
- Anticipate, mitigate, and communicate any potential impact of changes to ensure the availability of corporate IT services.
- Develop test plans and procudures for any new IT infrastructure or systems implementations.
- Document all changes and solutions to problems in a centralized knowledge base.
- Support the Cybersecurity and Client Support Teams as a subject matter expert in modern Microsoft Windows Platforms (Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012+).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience configuring and maintaining IT systems required to meet RMF ICD-703, NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-171, DHS 4300 Sensitive Systems Handbook, and NISPOM requirements
- In-depth knowledge Windows Core Services (e.g., DNS, DHCP, DDS, Kerberos, AD RMS/IRM, Hyper-V, PKI/Certificates, FTP, IIS, etc.)
- Experience managing and maintaining Exchange 2013/2016/Online is highly desired.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication to allow for efficient and effective exchanges with users and to produce quality written products
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- A minimum of 6 years' experience working in an IT related role. If professional experience is utilized to satisfy the education requirement, a total of at least 10 years experience is required.
- Bachelors Degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field is required. Four year's professional experience working in an IT related role may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Certificates and Licenses:
Preferred: Certifications identified in DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 at the IAT or IAM Level 2 or higher
For a list of approved certifications, visit http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
Office environment; must be flexible to work nights and weekends to meet corporate deadlines; must be able to lift/carry IT equipment on a daily/weekly basis; occasional contact with lab materials; ability to sit for long durations in front of a computer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings