Procurement Specialist (Subcontracts Administrator)
- - VA-Arlington
- Arlington, VA, USA
- 80K- negotiable DOE
- Full Time
The incumbent professional will perform difficult and complex duties related to the development, solicitation, evaluation, award, administration, and closeout of subcontracts for technical services, as required, ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations in accordance with established company policies and procedures and under limited supervision of the supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages cradle-to-grave administration of a portfolio of subcontracts, including reviewing and negotiating terms and conditions, processing of modifications, and completion of the company's internal forms and reports.
• Serves as the primary point of contact with customer contracts/subcontracts points of contact and with internal project staff for all issues related to subcontract requirements and compliance issues related to assigned subcontracts.
• Assists staff in the development of subcontract specifications, statements of work, terms and conditions, and requests for proposal in accordance with company policies and other regulations.
• Receives and reviews requisition documents from staff for accuracy and completeness.
• Performs independent research and analysis to confirm price reasonableness through a variety of techniques.
• Performs cost analysis, as required, to evaluate overall cost reasonableness and realism.
• Receives and compares bids against specifications to determine and make best value awards.
• Negotiates with prospective vendors, executes subcontracts on behalf of the company within the incumbent's designated signature authority, and generates and distributes subcontract award documents.
• Compiles and records pricing information to create award justification documentation.
• Monitors subcontractor performance against price and schedule, including reviews of invoices and deliverables as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Incumbent must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English. Incumbent must be able to read, interpret, and explain documents such as procedure manuals, government regulations, and legal documents, write effective correspondence for both internal and external consumption, and speak effectively before groups of employees, clients, or vendors.
• Incumbent must possess the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Incumbent must have a mastery of basic algebra and an intermediate knowledge of accounting concepts.
• Incumbent must possess sound reasoning skills and regularly show ability to interpret and explain complex technical rules, regulations, and instructions. Incumbent must be able to solve practical problems dealing with a variety of concrete variables with limited guidance from the supervisor and with great attention to detail.
• Incumbent must have advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
Incumbent must have a bachelor degree in business or a related field and five years of prior related professional experience, including a minimum of three years of prior direct experience in administration of subcontracts related to U.S. Government prime contracts.
Certificates and Licenses:
Incumbent must be able to successfully complete a background screening to maintain a SECRET-level clearance.
Working Conditions/ Equipment:
• Incumbent will work in a general office environment with general office equipment available. Incumbent will be required to sit for extended periods at a desk and work on a computer for up to eight hours per day.
• Incumbent will be required to work a set schedule negotiated with the supervisor.
• Incumbent must be able to lift up to 20 pounds without assistance and 40 pounds with assistance to complete inventory activities or move file boxes.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.