Project Control Specialist/Scheduler
- - VA-Arlington
- Charlottesville/Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Bachelor's degree required. B.A./B.B.A. in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field is preferred. Coursework and/or certification in project or earned value management is desired.
At least five years of relevant work experience, including at least three years of experience with government contractor project accounting or project management/administration, is required. Familiarity with earned value management principles, budget analysis, forecasting, and schedule management are required. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, to include pivot tables and lookups, and Microsoft Project is required (proficiency may be evaluated during the interview process for this position). Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Excellent attention to detail is required. Previous direct work experience with contract or subcontract administration is preferred. Familiarity with the Federal acquisition lifecycle is preferred. Experience with Deltek (Costpoint/wInsight/Cobra products) and ProPricer preferred. Experience with price and cost analysis, staffing and manpower administration/management, and proposal development is desired.
The successful candidate will be based in our Arlington, VA / Charlottesville, VA / Austin, TX office and will support multiple Signature Science projects (interacting with both local and remote staff) by providing high-quality support to Project Managers related to budget, forecasting, schedule, and performance. The candidate will be required to interface professionally and efficiently with external clients and internal technical and administrative staff at varied levels of experience and authority, and will be required to provide detailed and accurate reports and data sets with short turnaround times. The candidate must be familiar with contracting terms and be able to translate standard contract language into work breakdown structures, develop and manage schedules, create cost and resource control conventions, and prepare and explain performance metrics in conjunction with Project Managers. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in establishing budgets, monitoring performance, report status, program documentation, and related task, project, and proposal pricing.
- Provide metrics and analysis to support forward-looking decision-making based on data.
- Support development and implementation of EVMS
- Provide planning support - responsibilities include the set-up of a project plan, scheduling support for Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), and maintenance of IMS throughout the project lifecycle.
- Review and analyze information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes, and procedures.
- Analyze project functions, processes, and activities for the most effective use of money, materials, equipment, and people.
- Determine the most useful business solutions for projects and tasks.
- Recommend alternative solutions or courses of action that best meet the project's goals. Perform duties concerned with the design and improvement of tasks, projects, and products.
- Automate processing to improve existing business systems.
- Confer with personnel to analyze current operational procedures and identify problems.
- Solicit from management symptoms of problems, formally define problems, break problems into component parts, and gather information about each of these parts from a variety of sources.
- Study business systems to evaluate effectiveness and actively participate in the development of new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
Additional duties may be assigned.
Signature Science offices maintain regular business hours on weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time. This position may require irregular hours, to include work on weekends or after regular business hours.
This position may require domestic travel.
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.
SIGNATURE SCIENCE, LLC, IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran COMMITTED TO A DIVERSE WORKFORCE IN AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings